Dear Getty Research Institute Reader,
We are very pleased to announce that beginning July 1, 2015, the Getty parking fee will be waived for Readers.
Readers who have current parking passes expiring before July 1 will have their pass expiration date extended to June 30, 2015.
Between now and June 30, new passes will be sold at prorated rates.
Please read the following carefully, as it will explain how the new validation system will work:
- Pull a ticket upon entering the parking garage.
- Be sure to take that ticket with you to the GRI in order to receive validated free parking. A lost ticket will require payment of the $15 parking fee.
- The GRI L2 and Plaza entrances are the only locations at the Getty Center where you will be able to obtain a free parking validation. Free parking for readers will not be offered elsewhere onsite.
- If you have a current reader badge, enter the GRI:
- Monday-Friday: through the L2 entrance, near the café.
- Saturday-Sunday: through the GRI Plaza entrance.
- Give your Reader badge to Security to be swiped.
- At the same time, hand over the parking ticket for validation. Tickets will not be validated without a current reader badge.
- If you do not have a current badge, stop by the Reference Desk for assistance when the library is open: Monday-Friday 9:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
Be sure to follow this blog in order to keep up with the latest Research Library news.
Please contact email@example.com with any questions.
We look forward to seeing you in the GRI!
Assistant Director, Getty Research Institute
Head, Research Services, Getty Research Institute