The main Getty Center Drive entrance will be closed for portions of the day this coming Friday, Monday and Tuesday.
The following is the closure schedule:
Friday, August 7, from 7:00am until 9:30am
Monday, August 10, from 7:00am until 7:00pm
Tuesday August 11 from 7:00am until 9:30am.
All drivers will need to enter via the South Gate during these closure times.
Pedestrians, including staff and readers arriving via public transportation, may continue to enter and depart via the sidewalk at the main Getty Center Drive entryway.
These closures are to facilitate crane work for the new P1 restroom facilities.
The Special Collections Reading Room will be closed Monday, June 29 – Friday, July 3, 2015 for annual maintenance projects.
Please contact the Reference Desk with any related questions at (310) 440-7390 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Research Library will be closed to all readers on Monday, May 25, in observance of the Memorial Day holiday.
Dear Getty Research Institute Reader,
We are very pleased to announce that beginning July 1, 2015, the Getty parking fee will be waived for Readers.
Readers who have current parking passes expiring before July 1 will have their pass expiration date extended to June 30, 2015.
Between now and June 30, new passes will be sold at prorated rates.
Please read the following carefully, as it will explain how the new validation system will work:
- Pull a ticket upon entering the parking garage.
- Be sure to take that ticket with you to the GRI in order to receive validated free parking. A lost ticket will require payment of the $15 parking fee.
- The GRI L2 and Plaza entrances are the only locations at the Getty Center where you will be able to obtain a free parking validation. Free parking for readers will not be offered elsewhere onsite.
- If you have a current reader badge, enter the GRI:
- Monday-Friday: through the L2 entrance, near the café.
- Saturday-Sunday: through the GRI Plaza entrance.
- Give your Reader badge to Security to be swiped.
- At the same time, hand over the parking ticket for validation. Tickets will not be validated without a current reader badge.
- If you do not have a current badge, stop by the Reference Desk for assistance when the library is open: Monday-Friday 9:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
Be sure to follow this blog in order to keep up with the latest Research Library news.
Please contact email@example.com with any questions.
We look forward to seeing you in the GRI!
Assistant Director, Getty Research Institute
Head, Research Services, Getty Research Institute
Due to the change in Getty IP addresses, some services such as ILL and subscription databases and journals are currently unavailable. We are working on contacting these suppliers with our revised addresses. We apologize for the inconvenience.
The entrance walls on the Plaza level of the GRI are scheduled to be painted this Friday, 5/1. While this work will be taking place only on the Plaza level, there is a chance that the paint smells could travel to other parts of the building. Because of this, anyone who is sensitive to fumes should avoid the area or consider visiting the library on another day.
The Research Library will be closed to all readers on Monday, January 19, in observance of the Martin Luther King, Jr. holiday.
Note that the library will be open on Presidents Day, Monday, February 16.